Dear InnerGuide Community,
Our hearts go out to all of you who have been touched by this virus… from the illness itself to the financial burden and uncertainty it’s caused.
As we go through this together, let us hope that…
- experiencing the gravity of the situation will help us develop greater compassion for each other as we become more aware of the fragility and preciousness of life.
- this crisis will help usher in a deeper awareness that we’re all connected, and that one person’s suffering is our own.
- we will work together for the welfare of humanity, our planet and all its creatures.
Because we’ll most likely be in this for the long haul, we hope these tips will help you stay both centered and strong:
- Look for the positive. Use this as an opportunity to deepen your gratitude. How much more do you appreciate and miss gathering with friends and family— a hello kiss or a hug?
- Savor the break. Been on the crazy treadmill of go-go-go? Sheltering in place offers much-needed time for self-reflection. Use it to get clear on your priorities and think about the changes you would like to make in your life.
- Reconnect. Take advantage of the opportunity to be with your family and children in ways you’ve been too busy to do such as cooking or doing creative projects together. We are also fortunate to have so many ways to connect to those who are far away.
- Create balance. We know you want to watch the news to stay up to date, but please, balance it with breaks from it all! Make self-care a priority. Take walks, enjoy a leisurely soak in the tub, read, tend to your garden—and go ahead, take that nap in the middle of the afternoon that you’ve been dreaming of!
- Move your body! Exercise is great for both your mental and physical health—even giving a boost to your immune system. Take a walk, follow along to exercise videos, do yoga or have a little fun and dance to your favorite music.
- Try something new. Been wanting to start learning a language or try meditation? Now that you have a little time, do something you’ve been putting off. Need support to keep you going? Pair up with a friend to be accountability partners for each other and meet up online once or twice a week to check in with each other.
- Keep the faith. Find your spiritual refuge through prayer, by practicing mindfulness, reconnecting with your religious beliefs or tuning in to the spiritual energy of Nature. Your faith is something bigger than you—it will sustain you through this challenging time.
This is an opportunity to hit the reset button on yourself and life.
Together, we are stronger. Stay safe everyone!
TIPS: Forward this newsletter to friends and family that need support. Print out and post where you can read it every day to inspire hope and togetherness.